Saturday, June 6, 2009

Camping

Jeremy took the girls camping, so it's just Luke and me here. He is still asleep and I really should be doing something incredibly productive, but as usual, my mind is FULL of things to do and I don't know where to begin. I was thinking of consolidating all of my blogs to one central location, but I don't know if that's the best thing to do. I have my homeschool blog, my family blog, my "spiritual" blog which is currently private and I'd like to add some more home-making stuff to a blog too. I like the idea of having one place that I can log into and blog and then be done. However, I'm not sure that starting over and bringing all the old posts to one place would be the best option. So I think I'll start NOW and start using those cool "label" things so I can sort posts by topic. Hey, I guess that's why they make those labels! Some of us are slow learners! :)

Savannah and I finished "Little Town on the Prairie" yesterday. I cannot believe we have only 2 books in the entire Little House series left. I cannot recommend these books more highly, they are absolutely fantastic! I always have to promise Savannah that I will NOT read ahead without her...and that keeps me excited about our daily read-aloud time. Whenever we have a spare few moments, we look at eachother and run to the sofa for just ONE more chapter (or 2 or 3, depending on how much time we have). I had never read these as a child, so I'm making up for lost time now. I'm very excited about this homeschooling journey, I'm truly enjoying all of the things I'm learning from it. It's nice to start out in kindergarten again, I really needed that! Okay, I must get moving...so many interests, so little time.

No comments: