Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Single Parenting is for the Birds.




Jeremy had his last night of watch this evening. It was more stressful than usual because he didn't come home when he was "supposed" to, so I was outside way too late with the children, which meant that we had 2 SCREAMING babies while I was trying to bathe them and get everything done. He still was not home when Aaron was losing it and in NEED of bed. I did what I had to do, and what I usually do when I'm home alone--I go to my big helpers. I tell you, if I didn't have my older children, this would be far more difficult. Yes, it'd be easier in some ways because I wouldn't have 3 other children to care for...but honestly, the help my girls offer is priceless. I swaddled Lilah and handed her, screaming, to Savannah. Savannah got a pacifier and by the time I got Aaron settled, she had her sleeping in her arms. I went to take her to bed and Savannah said, "Oh, don't take her yet, she's so cute!". I think it's so absolutely precious how my children love each other...and how the girls care for the babies. By the way, I was informed that I gave credit to Savannah for diapering and jammy-ing Aaron the other night, when it was in fact Abby who did it. Impressive!! Especially for a 7 year old! :) I'm so proud of my girls. I know it's hectic and crazy, but all I can think is: they will be so well prepared for when they have children of their own. They already know how to care for babies a lot better than most young ladies who are having children. As crazy as this life can be, and as frazzled as I get sometimes...my children don't seem to mind. They just roll with it. It's such a blessing that God gives them the ability to cope with all of this craziness because they don't know any different...but even better is that they seem to love it. Very few things make me happier than when they tell me that they want to have lots of children when they grow up...because then I know that their lives aren't so bad after all! :)

3 comments:

Jennie Bolen said...

It's such a great thing having big helpers. I'm really being able to enjoy it more with Eli. Micaela is an awesome little helper.
The pictures of Lilah are so precious. She really is the cutest little baby. Makes me miss having a baby girl around. It's been awhile. :)

Karen said...

Yay! So glad the difficult schedule is over...love, Karen

Single Parent said...

Parenting children is a task in itself, no less than a full-time job. At times, it can get frustrating for parents especially if they face child behavior problems. Parenting is never easy but it can become a bit less stressful if you motivate your kids and maintain a healthy communication with them.