Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Aaron updates

Aaron is growing like a weed. He is filling out so quickly, his little legs are all nice and chubby and he is looking SO big already. I should hope so too because this guy is an EATER!! He nurses very frequently and I'm very happy because I know he's getting everything he needs to be big and strong...and hopefully my milk supply will continue to be really good. Every day that passes it seems like Aaron becomes more content, more able to cope with life and more interactive. Today was the first day that he had some wonderful, purposeful smiles. He has smiled before, but they were those half asleep smiles that you know aren't because he's happy or wanting to interact...he's just slipping into sleepy bliss. But today he looked around a lot more, and he smiled quite a few times at me...ON PURPOSE. :) Soooo sweet. He's also been able to take baths. His umbilical cord fell off on the 4th of July, so he got his first bath that night and he LOVED it! He's the first baby I've ever seen who LOVED his first bath. Not only did he not cry, he was happy and almost fell asleep in the tub!
We have a tiny bit of a routine going on thus far...it's nice to have some semblance of a routine. I like my routine and it's hard with a newborn having everything thrown for a loop, especially where the older children are concerned. I don't like putting them on the back burner, I feel bad that their lives are off kilter, so it's nice to have a tiny bit of a routine happening. He usually takes his bath (which REALLY wears him out), I swaddle him and nurse him and put him in his bed. Last night he slept from around 8:30 until 12:15 or so. So he's doing really good...every night has a tiny improvement and he was in his own bed until 2am or so! :) That makes me very happy because I do not sleep well not being able to move and stretch at my leisure. Once he's in his own bed all night I will be one happy mama! Today he was crabby and he had been fed and awake for a while so I knew he just needed sleep...I swaddled him and patted him for a while and put him on my bed with his eyes still open...3 hours later he woke up! He's doing really well with being put to bed awake and dozing off on his own. So far he's taking one nap a day in his bed (usually) and going to bed at night nicely...so I'm happy. You know, you can't expect TOO much from a newborn, so I think he's doing WONDERFULLY! All of the children adore him and Luke has been kissing him pretty often. It's VERY sweet. Luke had a bad night last night though and had my dad up for quite a while...I don't know if there was another reason or if he is having some "not enough time with mommy" issues. I tried to spend as much time with him as I could today...poor little guy. It's nice that Aaron is letting me do a bit more though so that I can attend to my other children. Well, time to run...we found out today that we did not get the home we were hoping to rent in Marshall. We're bummed, but we trust that God has other plans for us.

No comments: