Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!

Well, okay...maybe I'm just a tad bit fat too. What can I say, I'm still recovering from the birth of #4--it was ONLY 4 months ago, what in the world was I thinking?!?! Well, here's what I'm thinking. Children are a blessing from the Lord. The more Jeremy and I have been thinking about this, the more we are realizing the truth behind the verse:
Psalm 127:3-5
Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.
Although we do not wholeheartedly subscribe to the Quiverfull mentality, we definitely believe in receiving the gifts that the Lord has for us--one at a time. I will not say that I'm going to blindly say, "We'll take as many as the Lord blesses us with", my faith is not yet that strong...especially now that I'm pregnant so quickly after giving birth, the thought of doing this again, and again frightens me to death! However, that said, we understand that one cannot take their fertility for granted. If we decided to have more children further down the road, there is no guarantee that we'd be able to. Just because it's never been an issue for us in the past does not mean that it never will be. So for now, we consider ourselves blessed, INCREDIBLY blessed. And going through this pregnancy with a little one in tow forces me to rely fully on Him for all of my strength, peace, patience, etc. and that, my friends, is a good place to be. We'll see what the future holds for us for other children, but for now we're praising God that He trusts us enough to give us another blessing to raise for His glory, and praying that He would give us the wisdom and patience to do so.

No comments: