Friday, October 22, 2010

My Baby Girl is 7!!

Happy birthday to my sweet little Abigail Mae! 7 years ago at this moment, I was sitting in the hospital, getting ready to have my water broken. It was 2 days before my actual due date, but given the fact that Jeremy had missed the birth of Savannah and was getting ready to go onto night shift at work and would be gone for a few days, 2.5 hours away, we decided to go for an early induction. It's very strange because I gave birth to Aaron 4 months ago in the same room I gave birth to Abby in...so the memory is so fresh in my mind. I was so excited to meet my baby girl, so nervous as to how Savannah would react as she was such a sensitive little girl...so nervous about having 2 babies, so close together (they're 17 months apart). My water was broken and no labor started. Around 1pm they started pitocin and she made her entrance into the world at 5:33pm. I still remember that sweet, fuzzy baby head--she had a lot of dark hair. I remember the look on Jeremy's face since this was the first birth he had seen. He gave her her first bath and would NOT put her down. One of the biggest things that stands out in my mind though was hearing her first cry. I remember thinking, "OH LORD, PLEASE don't let that be her cry!!!" She was so shrill, so loud. I couldn't help but to think, "Savannah will NOT like this!". Hahahaha. Well that was indeed her cry...and it still is. Abby is loud, boisterous, passionate, and impulsive. Everything she does, she does with her whole heart. She is also SO sweet, thoughtful and helpful. She is truly a blessing to our family and always keeps us on our toes. I know the Lord has special plans for this little girl, and I look forward to seeing them unfold as the years go by. My prayer is that the Lord would give me the wisdom to lead her in the right direction, to love her unconditionally and to understand her quirks and work with them to lead her to serve the Lord with her whole heart. She is definitely my more challenging child, but with great challenge, comes great reward. Abby is a blessing and I'm SO thankful that God saw fit to bless us with her 7 years ago today. Abby, today we celebrate YOU!

No comments: