Wednesday, May 9, 2007

5 years ago today...

My mom and I were at Travis Air Force Base, I was having my LONG OVERDUE appointment to see when baby Savannah was going to make her debut. Around this time I was hooked up to monitors, and they were telling me I was having contractions, even though I couldn't feel them. Since we were so far from the hospital (about 2 hour drive), they decided they'd admit me...I was ESTATIC! I remember before my due date my dad told me that she'd be born on the 10th...I was so upset he'd even imply I'd be that overdue...that's not something you say to a very pregnant woman, but he was right! It was around this time that I called my dad and told him they'd be inducing me. It's amazing to think that that was 5 years ago and so much has changed in those years! What a tremendous gift Savannah has been to our family...she is an incredibly intelligent, funny and beautiful little girl. She never ceases to amaze me what she learns simply by observation. She has such a precious, sensitive nature and is always the first to tell on herself when she does something naughty. I cannot imagine life without Savannah...every day she adds such dimension to my life and keeps me on my toes--AND keeps me accountable! What a blessing to be her mommy! Tomorrow we'll have a simple family celebration with ribs for dinner (her request) and Grandma and Papa will be coming down late in the evening. Friday she and Abby are going with Grandma and Papa to the Oakland Zoo while I get ready for her friend party. We're having cake, hotdogs, a pinata and lots of fun. Most of our neighbors are moving in June, so this will be sort of a going away/birthday party. It's so fun that we get to have this last big hurrah before everyone leaves. Keep us in your prayers as our neighborhood undergoes a HUGE change. We have no idea what our new neighbors will be like, but we're praying for good ones! Preferably some good Christian (perhaps homeschooling??) families with children Savannah and Abby and Lukes ages.

No comments: