Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Abby.

It's really late and I need to be in bed...Tomorrow is a very special day: Abby turns 5!!
But before I turn in, I had to make a note of this. Today Abby was being disciplined for being aggressive to Savannah. This is a recurring problem. She's always been a biter, hitter, pincher, scratcher, etc. She has some self-control issues that I've really been praying about and I'd appreciate if you'd pray about also. Sometimes it's very difficult being a mommy...I don't know how to do this! Anyway, I was disciplining her and she started crying and said, "I'm waiting for God to change my heart.". It was so sweet it nearly broke my heart. Boy have I felt that way some times! I explained to her that God is not a fairy god-mother who waves a magic wand and everything is perfect...it takes effort on OUR part for our hearts to change. I don't know if it sunk in...but it was precious to have that opportunity to talk with her. I too am waiting for her heart to change. She is such a precious, dear little one, but she is by far my most challenging child--by a long shot.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Sweet Thing!

No comments: