Sunday, November 14, 2010

Facebook...

I've noticed that I spend way too much time on Facebook, updating my status for people who don't really care and in the future, I'll have no record of all of the wonderful little things that I post on there...so I'm going to make an effort to come HERE instead and write updates, so that when I come back days, months or years from now, I can read about what was going on! I love having this as a record...whether anyone reads it or not, I love being able to go back in time and see how life was. I only wish I would have started earlier, but it is pretty fun that I've got posts from before I had LUKE!

I'm now 11 weeks pregnant. I'm starting to feel human again, I just noticed that as I finished the last drops of my morning cup of coffee, I'm enjoying the flavor again--Praise God! :) I had a bit of a rough time this pregnancy...it flew by, I have to admit...not because it was shorter, but I think more because I was so incredibly busy that the days just fly by anyway. But I felt so incredibly nauseous this time. It's funny how in my past 3 (including this one) pregnancies, the nausea seems to last EXACTLY 4 weeks. With Luke and Aaron, I remember it starting at 8 weeks and being gone by 12 weeks. This time it started at 7 weeks and was pretty much fully gone at 11 weeks. I'm definitely exhausted, I could sleep all day I think, but at least I'm feeling well again. I've been going to bed at 9pm and sleeping to at least 7am...albeit with many wakings...and it feels SO good. I've had a few days this past week without a nap, but I still feel like I NEED a nap. Other than that, I still find it hard to believe that I'm not only pregnant, but nearly done with my first trimester already. It's amazing how quickly time passes when you're super busy.

Aaron has been sleeping pretty well lately. In general, he has one waking a night. This past week he's had 2 nights where he went until 4:30am! GLORIOUS!! :) I've found that if I swaddle him and Jeremy puts him to bed, he will sleep nice and long. If Jeremy swaddles him, he comes loose and wakes up early. Either way, his night sleep is improving significantly. I've been trying to get him to take his naps in his crib as much as possible...the other day he took all of his naps in his crib and one was 2+ hours, so that's fantastic. Normally I'd do the morning one in his crib and the afternoon one in his swing, so I can get a nap in too...but there is no guarantee that his nap will be long in his swing. So I decided to try him with all of his naps in his crib. I can put him in there completely awake, with a pacifier, and he goes to sleep like a dream. He generally takes 2 naps a day, but it has to be timed just right. He seems to do better with 3 shorter naps, but for me it's really nice if he naps at the same time as Luke so I can get a rest (which may or may not actually happen).

I've been searching on Craigslist for an exersaucer for Aaron. He's getting to that age where he doesn't want to lie around all day long...he's rolling over from his back to his tummy now, but there is only so much lying on his tummy that he can tolerate...he's got his bouncy chair that he likes, but again, that's pretty much like lying on his back. He's been SUPER grabby lately, if anything passes by him, he reaches out and tries to grab it. So I thought, he's definitely ready for an exersaucer...he'd enjoy sitting up, playing with stuff, etc. So I found one on craigslist yesterday and Jeremy went out and got it. At first he didn't think it was worth it to spend $30, but this is a deluxe exersaucer and after he saw how Aaron LOVES it, he's a believer! TOTALLY worth the money, especially considering we'll have another one to play with it in no time! The big kids play with him and he just loves it.
He's started pulling his legs up underneath him when he's on his tummy and sticking his little buns up, like he's trying to crawl. I'm sure it's quite a ways off, but it's so fun to see these little developmental things happening. It seems like at the beginning, all of the things they do happen so slowly...then all of a sudden it's sitting, then crawling then walking...and it all goes so fast!





I don't think that I had mentioned that Abby had to have a tooth pulled. I know I wrote about her tooth that had come in behind the other, but when we went to the dentist, he said it would be better if he pulled the baby tooth in order for the adult tooth to come in more "normally". She was a bit apprehensive--for good reason, but the dentist did a great job and she didn't even know he had pulled it! :) It still had a MAJOR root on it, so it was a good thing he did pull it otherwise it would have been a LONG time before that sucker came out on it's own. I'll have to take a photo of her teeth now...the one in the back is slowly moving it's way up to the front. She's most likely going to need braces, hopefully she's our only child. I don't want to think that her crooked teeth are the result of extended pacifier use, but that's probably what happened...I hope Luke doesn't follow suit. He still has his and we'll get rid of it in March when he turns 4. Aaron takes a pacifier but doesn't like it other than if he's not completely asleep when we put him to bed or if he's really tired (like in the car). Hopefully we'll be able to phase it out quickly and we'll have one less child's dental work to worry about.

Well, there is much to do today...it's Sunday, another Sunday we will not be going to church. It seems like since we've been living here, someone has a cough EVERY week. Abby was treated for asthma a few weeks ago...she had a cough that just wouldn't quit. She was put on an antibiotic, a steroid and an inhaler of albuterol. That cleared it right up. Now Savannah has a pretty bad cough and Jeremy and I both have a tickle in our throats. There's definitely something to be said about living in isolation! When we lived in the mountains, we were NEVER sick. I really would like to be going to church, but maybe this is a season in our lives when it's just not going to happen. If only we could get it together and have home church, then I'd feel a lot better.

Get it together, yes...that's what I need to do. There is SO much I feel I need to get together. When we moved in, it was hurry, hurry, hurry and unpack. But when I hit the deadline of school starting after Labor day, I just didn't have the time to do much more. And now that I'm pregnant, even if I have the time, I don't have the desire or the energy. I really need to go through EVERYTHING and organize and eliminate. I'd love nothing more than to have a well-organized home. My pantries are absolutely OVERFLOWING. Not due to an abundance of stuff, but more from a lack of organization. So I guess my prayer this next week or month should be for the energy and opportunity to get things in order. That would do much for my peace of mind.

No comments: