Monday, November 22, 2010

Random Musings.

I'm officially 12 weeks pregnant today. The first trimester is flying by. Officially the 1st trimester ends at 13.3 weeks, since a pregnancy is 40 weeks long. I love it when my Grandma and my Mom would say, "You've got it so easy these days with epidurals and all", to which I reply, "Yeah, but back in YOUR day, a pregnancy was 9 months...these days it's 10!"

I'm feeling a lot better...no real nausea to speak of anymore, Praise God! I'm still very tired...and I think that it's just something I need to learn to adapt to and overcome. I'm not sure I'm going to get much energy back for a while...so I'm trying to rest in the Lord and let Him be my strength (easier said than done as I tend to walk much more by the flesh than by the Spirit).

I'm very excited about Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to traveling to the mountains for some time with the family. It's been exactly 2 months since I was up there, when my Grandma passed away. It'll be good to see everyone again. Unfortunately, they've been getting DUMPED on with snow!! EEK! I cannot even express how happy I am that I don't live up there this year. I think if I never saw snow this year, I'd be thrilled!

Aaron was sleeping pretty well...he was having a few nights where he'd go until 4:30ish without waking up. But lately he's gone back to waking 2-3x a night. Last night he woke up at 11 or 12ish, I really don't remember, then at 2:50am--I decided not to give him a bottle at that time because I didn't want him waking AGAIN at 6ish, so he woke again at 4:30am and I gave him his bottle--which he drank rather quickly, he was HUNGRY! :) I've learned that the whole night waking thing is just something a mommy must endure. It's not fun and I'm sure there is something I could do to "train" him to sleep better, but sleep training in the day is not fun, it's REALLY horrible at night...so I just grin and bear it and trust that the Lord would give me the rest I need, and He always does. Aaron IS napping pretty well. He usually has one short nap and one long nap a day. Some days he has 3 naps, but it's usually 2 a day. It's the afternoon one that's always a bit tricky because I want to be sure that he sleeps past 4:30pm, otherwise the evening is going to be miserable since he doesn't go to bed until 7:30-8pm. He's so cute in his bath these days...he kicks and splashes SO much. It's almost unbearable!! The entire floor is soaked when he's done. It's rather amusing though. He can sit up in his tub like a big boy, but it's still easier to lie him down. It'll be fun when he can bathe with the big kids, I know they'll LOVE that!

Luke can spell AND write his name now. See:


Here is a photo of Aaron from the other day, I just think he's so adorable! I love this little guy SOOOOOO much!


More updates to come soon...right now the tortellini, ravioli, homemade alfredo sauce, sauteed zucchini and garlic bread are calling...and where, oh where is my husband???

No comments: