Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Do I Dare?

Aaron has had a bad cold for the past few days. He's acting fine other than the goobers in his lungs and nose. He's actually getting over it quite nicely, thankfully. He had no fever or anything, just congestion. The first night he was awake once at 2am and I gave him a bottle. He took a while to go back to sleep and then was up again at 4:30am. I couldn't get him back to sleep until 6am and THANKFULLY, he slept in until 8am and Jeremy got up and let me sleep in until 9am! WHEW, thank God for weekends and having a husband home! So the following night I was looking for ways to relieve his congestion and to help him get better sleep (and me too!). I found quite a few people that said that putting Vicks Vapor Rub on their feet works miracles. HUH? I had never heard of such a thing, but I'm willing to try! So we did the whole roto-root with saline in his nose, put on the humidifier and put vicks on his feet. He slept from 8pm until 6:45am with a VERY quick wake up at midnight. The following night he slept from 8pm until almost 7am. Last night he slept from 8pm--had a wake time around 9pm (gave him another couple ounces of formula) and then slept until....7:45am!!!! WOW! Last night was also the first night I didn't feel the need to check on him since he's been sleeping better. I'm usually very concerned when they start to do this because it's so abnormal.

So, do I dare believe we've hit a milestone and we're FINALLY going to be getting some regular, decent sleep? I could definitely get used to this--especially considering I've only got 4 months until the next one arrives! I know that God is good and He is gracious and He is merciful...I know that he will give me what I need and I trust in that. I've needed a lot of sleep lately, I'm just TIRED these days. Don't get me wrong, I'm energetic enough, just really, really sleepy. Like I could pretty much sleep at any time and when I do sleep, I'm sleeping like a LOG. Last night I didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom until 3:30am...I think that's a record for me!

I'm a bit skeptical of claiming that my baby is "sleeping through the night". I've been around the block a few times and know that these things come and go...but I could TOTALLY get into this being the new norm! :) Sleep is GOOD.

Oh, he's also been taking pretty good naps too! Usually 1.5-2 hour naps 2x a day! Praise God!!! We've definitely come a long way, baby!

No comments: