Monday, February 14, 2011

I spoke too soon.

Aaron is a darling, darling little turkey. Seriously, babies don't get much cuter. He's absolutely adorable. His smile lights up a room, his big, sparkly eyes are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. That darling dimple in his cheek (which he got from me, by the way) brings joy to my heart...that soft, fuzzy head...ohhh, I could just pet it all day long. And then there's his little coos...his little babblings. Oh my goodness, I could just eat him up. He crawled after Jeremy the other day and said, "Dada"!! He says, "Mama" too, but I'm not sure yet if there is any meaning behind it. HE's getting close though, he's definitely a talker--he mimics SO much.

HOWEVER, this guy is just NOT a sleeper. Don't get me wrong, he sleeps. He's actually sleeping pretty well, in comparison to what he HAD been doing. But I'm afraid he's just one of those babies who doesn't need as much sleep as some. He's been sleeping pretty consistently from 8ish until, well...that depends. If he wakes around 3 or 4, he'll go back to sleep until around 7am, which is FANTASTIC. The problem is that often he's sleeping through until 5-5:30am and then he thinks it's time to wake up for the day. I am NOT a morning person. 5 or 5:30 is WAY too early for me. I can do 6:30, but not 5:30. I've got to figure out a way to work beyond this. I'm kinda hoping he just starts sleeping through until 6:30 and then we BOTH get a good, full nights sleep. That I can do.

Then there are his naps. Not too long he was taking 3 naps a day because each of them were so incredibly short. All of a sudden he's started taking nice, wonderful, long naps. Or should I say NAP. Today he napped for 3 hours...from 9:30am until 12:30pm, but then he did NOT nap again...at ALL. Yesterday, same thing. He took a good morning nap, but even after Jeremy took all of the children out for a long hike (so I could stay home and get house stuff done--bless his heart), and he had been awake for over 5 hours AND he was in the car...he did NOT fall asleep! He is plenty happy during those awake hours...and he's been going to sleep quite nicely...but man, it seems a bit ridiculous that a 8 month old baby could or SHOULD be awake for THAT long. All I can think is that this little guy just does NOT NEED a ton of sleep. So far it looks like I got a bad sleeper, a good sleeper, a legendary sleeper and a bad sleeper. Hmmmm, I wonder what Lilah will be like!??!?! I'd like to put in my order for another Luke. Now THERE is a sleeper!

No comments: