Monday, March 3, 2008

A conversation with Savannah...

S: Do martians say, "Beep, beep, beep?"
M: There are no such things as martians.
S: Yes there are.
M: Does the Bible say anything about God creating martians?
S: God created everything.
M: Yes He did, but does the Bible say anything about Him creating martians?
S: Yes.
M: I don't know what version you're reading, but my Bible doesn't say that.
S: I'm reading the ESV...you get it at the public library. It says "God created the heavens and the earth and a big moon, covered with martians.
Hahahahaha...oh my goodness...what in the world?? She is too funny...and the fact that she said you get it at the PUBLIC library. I just about died laughing!!

The other day the girls were discussing who they were going to marry. Abby said she's going to marry Jared (a boy down the street we really have little contact with. I asked her why and she said, "I don't know, I just am." Savannah chimes in with, "I'm going to marry Ethan" (another boy down the street who she plays with regularly) I asked her why and she says, "Well, he's the only Christian boy around." Wow...let's hope she keeps that up...although I hope she marrys a Christian boy--for LOVE, not just because he's the only one left...you never know though, with the way our world is going it may come down to that. Let's pray not!

No comments: