Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lilah





Lilah has been crawling like a champ. She is getting so good at it. She's definitely getting faster, but she's still pretty calm about the whole thing. I hope this is an indication of her personality. I really could use a very calm child after her big brother Aaron. The only thing that scares me about her being calm is that I'm afraid this next one will be a maniac! :) Thankfully I know we get what God deems PERFECT for our family and I'm okay with that. Today (and yesterday) was an exceptionally beautiful day. I think it must have been around 72 or so for a high. The sun was bright and just perfect. It was one of those absolutely gorgeous California winter days that I just love. Jeremy took the children to the beach in our gigantic, stinky diesel van. They love that thing. They beg for rides in it. I'm trying to love it, but it stinks. It really needs new seats too, it doesn't have shoulder belts and it makes me very nervous having my children in the car with no shoulder straps. They don't usually drive very far, but it still makes me nervous. Anyway, it's late...this is in no way a cohesive thought...my point was about Lilah and crawling. She can now crawl and go back to sitting up. It's so neat! I was sitting here yesterday and she had been crawling, but I saw her sitting in the dining room. I asked the girls who had set her back up and they said, "She did her herself!", I said, "Really?" and they said, "Yeah, she did it earlier too!" Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?!?! I consider it such an accomplishment! Now she just needs to start eating food!! She still doesn't eat table food one bit. She doesn't seem to know what to do with it. She doesn't care about it and since it's just one more thing for me to do in my day, I'm okay with that...she's perfectly plump, so I'm certainly not worried. I'm thinking by the time she's a year old, she should be ready to jump in and join us for tritip!

No comments: