Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Life with 3.

Life has been a bit hectic lately. Not unmanagable or unpleasant, just full. Life with three children is wonderful, but anytime you throw a newborn into the mix, there just isn't a whole lot of free time. Luke started out sleeping SO great...napping like a champ and all, but that has changed in the past couple of days. Saturday was wonderful..he slept thru most of the family get-together and that kept things nice and easy. Sunday he didn't sleep AS well, and the days have not been so great since. HOWEVER, today was a bit better. He actually took (is taking, actually) a good afternoon nap so I was able to nap also. I wish I wasn't so tired so I could actually DO something while he's sleeping. I especially wish that I had the energy to spend time doing more with Savannah. Abby doesn't seem to be too phased by having a baby in the house, but it's been a bit tough on Savannah. I keep telling myself that this is temporary. Luke is only 2.5 weeks old. He's a tiny little guy still. I'm trying hard not to rush anything because I know how fast they grow up. I'm so greatful that Luke is such a good baby. He doesn't just cry and cry. He cries for good reason--either he's hungry or tired. So that's been good on my nerves.
As usual, there is so much that I'd love to write, but now as I sit here...I can't really think of too much. Luke's umbilical cord fell off on Monday (2 weeks 1 day old) so we were able to give him a REAL bath!! My mom gave it to him and he really, really enjoyed it! I gave him one last night and he wasn't too thrilled about it. I'm sure he'll learn to love it though. When I was at my parents house, I weighed him and it turns out--according to their scale--that he's weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 9oz!!! At only 2 weeks old! He was 7lb12oz when he was born, so that's a big weight gain! It'll be interesting to see what the doctor's scale actually says, but that's a ways away anyway.
The girls are adjusting to having Luke here and to having mommy a bit less. I shouldn't say a BIT less, it's more like a TON less. It's difficult not being able to give them much attention...and trying to prioritize. There was a ton to be done BEFORE I had Luke...and now there's just less time to do it in. But alas, children truly are a blessing...and I can't believe how much we've been blessed with our little family. I am truly content.
The girls are outside with Jeremy flying a HUGE kite we got from Costco. I'm going to go shoot a few photos before Luke wakes up. I'm hoping to write more soon, but if I don't...oh well...life will go on!

No comments: