Sunday, April 1, 2007

I am truly blessed.

Luke has been an angel baby so far. It's really unbelievable. I just keep hoping that this continues. I know that babies tend to be pretty sleepy in the beginning, but so far he's just wonderful in every way. Last night he slept in 4 hour stretches. I just cannot believe it. He's so relaxed and smiley, his cry is pretty quiet and he's a FABULOUS nurser! In typical boy fashion, he's great at passing gas also. He burps very well with minimal spit-up. He only spits up if he's had too much milk...but after eating, he always burps really big.
Savannah and Abby are still very much in love with him. They're letting up a bit on the obsessiveness, but Abby still always wants to hold and "pet" his little head. They are WONDERFUL helpers...last night I was giving him a bath (the girls MUST watch, they just love it) and I asked Savannah to run into the living room to get the vaseline. She ran out of the kitchen and right back in with the vaseline. She is so excellent at getting what I need when I need it. It's great. She did tell me yesterday though that she feels like I love Luke more than I love her. I know that's just totally normal for a child whose life has been severely changed...but it still makes me feel a bit guilty. But I know that once he starts smiling and responding more to them, they'll LOVE him even more.

~~On another note:
Last night, Savannah told me that when we kneel on the floor to pray, she feels as if she's "Bowing before a false god". Then she says, "It's kinda like I'm bowing before a future king". Hahaha...the things she picks up from reading Bible stories and the such is so interesting. I love the way her mind works.

Okay, I've got to get myself ready for the day. My parents are taking the girls to Stinson Beach, so it'll just be me, Luke and Jeremy here...hopefully I can get some rest...even though I slept great last night, my stomach has really been bothering me. I'm not sure what the deal is, but it doesn't feel good. And I don't think it has anything to do with recovery from having a baby.

No comments: