Friday, August 22, 2008

I had the strangest dream.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here, but I don't know where I should post it, so here it goes. I'm one of those people who dreams EXTREMELY vividly, and I usually remember my dreams, and this one was one of the weirdest ones I've ever had.

It started with someone I knew to be a Christian telling others that the "hand of God" had come to earth and was being offered as a sacrifice for our sins (wasn't that already done??). In my dream this was a literal gigantic hand--like on the Addams family--that had been burned as an offering and all that was left was ashes. People were told that if they were to take some of the ash and do something else (I don't remember what it was) and commit themselves, they'd go on to paradise. Paradise was a Club-Med type place where everyone was happy and having a wonderfully good time. I remember that the commitment people were asked to make went very subtly against what the Bible says. In my dream it was that the commitment was handed to the "receptionist" person with the left hand and I had remembered that it was only supposed to be made with the right hand, but I'm quite sure that's not Biblical, but I think it just shows the subtlety of satan. Anyway, I was watching as family after family offered their commitment and went down this long hall to "paradise". You could see them on the other side, playing games, having a good time, smiling very fake, Stepford-wife smiles. It was off to me. So I watched as a group of pretty young girls made their commitment and headed down the hall. They were frolicking merrily when all of a sudden they were SUCKED in like a giant shop-vac and been turned on. They went around the corner where I couldn't see them anymore and their merriment turned to screams and wails of anguish. Again, I dream very vividly, so this was VERY disturbing. It confirmed my feeling that this was indeed from satan and all of these people were being deceived. I went out to tell the next person in line to make her commitment and the receptionist lady kept trying to come between me and the next person. It turns out that she realized that I had found them out and was now hell-bent (no pun intended) on stopping me from spreading the Truth. Then my husband's alarm clock went off and scared the bajeebers out of me. And that was that.

No comments: