Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just a quick note...

We've had some wet weather lately--and a good visit from my parents this weekend--which all together means that I haven't been on the computer too much lately. When I do finally get the kids off of the computer (oh no, another generation of Troyer computer junkies!! EEK), there are so many things I want to check out that I don't make it here too often...mostly due to a lack of inspiration/organized thought!
Anyway, here I am. The girls started gymnastics today and it was SO great! If nothing else, it's worth the 45 minutes of smiles that I got today...not smiles from them, but smiles on my face. I didn't stop smiling the entire time. There is just something about watching your children be independent and have fun that is priceless. They got to do all kinds of fun stuff, balancing, jumping on a huge trampoline, climbing, jumping, you name it. It was great! I have a feeling this is going to be a wonderful experience for them. They go once a week for the next 6 weeks, so it'll be a ton of fun to see how they improve with time. I'm trying to decide what to do for the next session. I'm not sure if I'll want them to continue with gymnastics, or if they should give pee-wee soccer a try. I guess we'll see as time goes by.
I'm doing well. I'm currently 36w5d pregnant. Only about 3 weeks to go...supposedly! I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I'll have more to add then. Although other than blood pressure and the such, I'm not sure what other "news" I'll be able to add. I'm opting to not be "checked" this time around with this baby. In the past I've been so eager to have the doctor tell me how dialated I am and all, but after 2 children and 3cm dialation for at least 4 weeks, I now know that that's not an indication of ANYTHING. This time I've decided we'll just take things as they come. It'll definitely be interesting to see when this little one decides to make his debut though...I'm just hoping it's not during a big snow storm like my parents are having tonight!! The whole plan for what is going to happen when I do go into labor is something that makes me a bit uneasy, but I know things will fall into place when it does happen. Jeremy starts a school in a week or so, and it goes until the 23rd of March. I will be able to reach him while he's there, but I'm not sure if missing class will negate any of the work he'll have done for that school...Oh well, it's not like I have any control over that. What's most important to me is that I can reach him and he can get me and take me to the hospital.
That's it for now...and since I have my doc appointment tomorrow, I promise I'll update this then. :)

No comments: