Friday, May 9, 2008

How our reward system is working....

Things are not perfect, but I have noticed I'm doing less yelling and less disciplining, which is always a good thing. The girls generally do what I ask after I warn them that they're going to lose a nickel. They're always excited to earn a gem, and they both earned something from the treasure box.

Our next mission: They always run around with no shoes on and it's been driving me nuts because they're always missing shoes. I'm tired of buying shoes because they lose the ones I've just bought. So here's the new deal. They lose a nickel if I catch them without shoes...and they pay me a nickel for every pair of shoes I see lying around somewhere they don't belong (usually at the playground). Today Savannah lost 4 nickels...but the rest of the day she had her shoes on...and all of them were in the closet at the end of the day. Abby lost 3 nickels (one for having shoes off, one for not putting them ON after I told her to and one for a pair of shoes at the playground) and then she lost another later for not having her shoes on once again...but they ended up back in the house at the end of the day. We'll see how this works. Of course, the biggest part of this system is consistency on MY part...that's always the hardest part!

No comments: