Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Visit with Aunt Lynne....

My aunt Lynne came for a visit this past weekend. She is the wife of my moms brother who passed away about a year and a half ago from melanoma. She is from Florida (along with my 4 cousins, her three children) so I haven't spent a lot of time with them in my life. I was pleasantly surprised when not only my parents and aunt Lynne showed up on Saturday as scheduled, but also my brother, Erik and my niece, Brittany and her boyfriend, Nick arrived! How FUN! I'm a big one for entertaining, and thankfully I had plenty of food. We had a wonderful time...I made a feast and we had lots of good laughs. Sunday Lynne, my mom and I got up and met Erik in Vallejo and took the Ferry to San Francisco. I'm not normally a big fan of the city--I've lived in the Bay Area for over 6 years now and have only gone THROUGH the city on my way to the airport. So this was all new for me. We walked along Market Street...and since it was a Sunday, it was QUIET! It was nice. We got to see where Erik goes to school (Golden Gate University) and even got to use CLEAN bathrooms there! :) If you know San Francisco, that's a big deal! We basically just strolled aimlessly for quite a while, had a nice lunch at a sandwich shop, got some coffee at Peets and then walked to Pier 39 and took the Ferry back home. It was just such a nice time...especially since I got a nice break from responsibility and just got to relax. What a wonderful visit with my aunt and what a fabulous birthday gift for me!
Speaking of birthday gifts, I think I mentioned that Jeremy got me wii fit for my birthday. At first I was a tad bit disappointed...well, not so much disappointed, but it wasn't what I really WANTED, but I didn't really expect to get what I wanted anyway, so it's no biggie. I have to tell ya...I'm in LOVE with the wii fit. How in the world can a video game get you in shape, you ask?? I have no idea, but I'm SO incredibly SORE--in a good way. I've been boxing, doing step aerobics and hula hooping myself silly. Ever tried hula hooping for 6 minutes at a time?? Oh man...it's some serious WORK!! I'm feeling muscles I didn't know I had and I'm very pleased. Not to mention the fact that it's SO much fun and the kids get in on the action (especially Savannah...she LOVES it). It keeps track of how long you've exercised that day...and logs your weight and BMI and all that good stuff. Today I was hula hooping and Luke decided to attach himself to my leg while I was doing it...it kills me without a child attached to me, so you can imagine how difficult it was with him on me...not to mention trying to keep reasonable form while laughing because he was laughing at me. We have very limited space in our living room, but I'm able to do it even with the girls building a foam block city next to me and still have plenty of space. I've been doing it for 3 days now and although I haven't lost any weight, I feel a lot stronger...especially since I could do the plank for 30 seconds today...yesterday and the day before I couldn't make it more than 10, so I'm pretty excited about that. My balance is also improving and as of this moment, my wii fit age is 27!! YAY!! Not bad for an old 30 year old, eh?

Back to Aunt Lynne...our visit was great, it was such a pleasure having her here. She is a ton of fun and it was so nice getting to know her. One of these days soon, probably when Luke is around 3 or so, we're going to plan a trip to Florida...maybe then I'll actually get the chance to meet my long lost cousins! See Photos on Eriks Facebook album (let me know if this doesn't work, I'm not sure if he's public or not and I'm too lazy to upload them myself!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi! What a wonderful surprise. SF is pretty nice to visit, especially if it's not windy,lol. And going over on the ferry would be great as you wouldn't need to pay those parking fees. Glad you had fun with your family! I can't wait to try out your wii fit sometime. Oh...the link works but I think you need a facebook account as it asks for a password. See ya soon, Luv, Mom