Saturday, June 5, 2010

Luke is a classic...

...a classic what, I'm not sure, but he's definitely a classic!! Today he had gotten in trouble for hitting Abby. He and Abby have issues regularly that usually deteriorate to one hitting the other and then usually the other will hit back, both cry and both have to be disciplined--especially considering the fact that Abby is twice Luke's age. So today he had been disciplined for hitting Abby on the trampoline and I told him he lost the privilege of jumping on the trampoline for the rest of the day. After a while he really wanted to go back on and he was being really good...and I was asked to break parenting rule #1--don't give a consequence you don't intend on keeping. *sigh*, sometimes I WONDER why we have these issues! Anyway, he looked at me with those darling, big, brown eyes and said, "Mommy, I'm being good...I'm being nice now." I figured that the REST OF THE DAY was a long time for a 3 year old to comprehend so I was getting ready to give in and my dad said, "Luke, what does 'being good' or 'being nice' look like?" Luke walked toward Savannah, who was sitting in the chair he had been in previously, looking fully like he was going to give a sincere demonstration of 'being good' and 'being nice'. My mom, dad and I were on the edges of our seats, ready for this...he walked up to Savannah, got right in her face and yelled, "You're in MY SPOT!"
I'm sorry to say, we could NOT help from laughing...and then he jumped on the trampoline and behaved himself for the rest of the evening. I'm so ashamed of myself...but man, he sure is a character.

No comments: