Saturday, June 26, 2010

I should be in bed

But instead I'm here. I just wanted to document a few things, just so I don't forget!
Today was a beautiful day...my parents took the bigger 3 children up to Tahoe for some fun in the sun (oh the burn lines!!). It was so nice to be home with just Aaron and take the time to just hold him and gaze into his beautiful little eyes. He is not a baby who likes to be put down. It's been a bit hard trying to get things done with having to hold him and nurse him all of the time, but I was reminded today of how quickly things change--how fast these sweet days pass--and I'm trying to savor every moment of it, even if I can't do much. Aaron is a very hungry boy...he likes to nurse CONSTANTLY. He literally nurses every 1-1.5 hours. He falls asleep a lot while nursing, but he's a big eater too! I cannot believe how blessed I am...he looks up at me with those big, blue eyes and it melts my heart. He is SUCH a doll.

When I first came home from the hospital and my dad was holding Aaron, Luke looked at Papa and said, "Papa...you love our baby?" It was so sweet how Luke seemed to be so proud of "our baby" and wanted to be sure that Papa thought he was as wonderful as Luke thought he was. What a good big brother.

The girls have been so helpful, they're still really loving holding Aaron. Abby always tells me that if there is something I need to do, she'll hold him for me. The other day she was holding him and he was cooing at her!! Awwwhh!! He's only coo'ed a couple of times, and one of those was for big sister.

I'm trying to get this Moby Wrap thing figured out so I can carry him around and get a bit more accomplished, but I'm not so great at it yet...either I'm not as bright as I'd like to think I am, or it's got a fairly steep learning curve. My friend, Faith is an expert baby-wearer...I've GOT to seek her help!

Okay, Aaron has been in bed for a little while now, so I had better head to bed and get as much rest as I can. I've been getting enough sleep, but still not as much as I'd like. It's not easy to sleep with a wiggly, grunty baby, but I sure am enjoying the snuggling time with him...he LOVES to be close to mommy and I think that's just too sweet!

No comments: