Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm 39w4d Pregnant...

I'm wondering if there is any chance that I'll go into labor BEFORE my due date...or at least CLOSE to it. I'm still not in a particular hurry, but it'd be nice if it happened soon. The girls have gymnastics today, so of course I don't want it to happen this morning, but this afternoon would be good for me! Considering I'm as far along as I am, there's not too much going on. Random contractions, aches and pains...but no sign of impending labor. Then again, every woman I talk to has a different story and each one insists you "just know" when it's the real thing. We'll see. I'm hoping I have an opportunity to experinece the real thing. I'm scratching the induction on the 24th. I'm not quite ready to go that route. Someone told me that babies that come on their own are more mellow and good-natured, I'm not sure if that's a fact, but hey, I'm willing to give it a chance!
Everyone here is so ready to meet Baby Luke though. Abby is SO EXCITED...she tells me regularly. I know Savannah is excited too, but not as much as Abby, I don't think...at least not as outwardly excited. The other day she was telling Jeremy that she was going to have a LOT of responsiblity of being the big sister to 2 siblings. She's ready though, she's (usually) an excellent big sister.
It's still rather surreal to me that there is a baby inside of me. Even though my belly is huge, my body is uncomfortable...it's all rather strange. The fact that I could be holding a new little gift from God at any moment is not quite real to me yet. I don't remember being in this much "denial" with the other children. I think it must be that I'm just so busy this time around--with the other two I had my parents around and didn't have a whole lot of responsibility around the house and all...so this time, I'm busy, busy, busy and don't have the time to sit around and ponder motherhood so much. Yesterday I got a HUGE burst of cleaning compulsion. I had been telling my parents that I wasn't going to worry about cleaning anymore...at least not the big things because I figured it'd be easier to do once I can bend over again. Well, yesterday I got this extreme COMPULSION! I brought the vacuums upstairs, I cleaned baseboards, moved furniture, got Lukes room all finished up--cleaned the dresser, windowsills, etc. Savannah even helped me by washing the floors in her room and cleaning the table in there. My mom said, "You know what that means!", and I replied, "Yeah, absolutely NOTHING!" Hahaha..."they" have all of these "indicators" for when you're going into labor...I constantly hear, "You haven't dropped yet though", and other things..."have you been having lots of braxton hicks contractions?" "has the baby slowed down?". Does anyone really know? I don't think so.
I go to the doctor tomorrow...I'm sure he doesn't know anything, but I'll probably still ask...just because. If anyone knows, it outta be him, right? Yeah, sure!

No comments: