Thursday, May 5, 2011

I *heart* Sleep

The past two nights Aaron has let me sleep. Not only has he let me sleep, I've been ABLE to sleep, really well. Aaron has gotten 2 teeth now and is still recovering from the tail end of a mild cold, so we had some pretty rough nights, but he seems to be back on track again--this time I hope it lasts a while. The past two mornings he's awakened at 5:30am. In my book, that's not such a bad thing, usually...but the fact that he then thinks it's time to get up for the day is NOT okay with me. Normally I'd go in, give him a bottle and hope and pray that he'd fall back to sleep before it was too late to even worry about it anymore. Often it'd be close to 6:30 before he'd finally be asleep, then I only get a very small amount of time to sleep. So yesterday, when he awoke at 5:30, I decided to try something different. I made his bottle, went into his room and handed it to him. He rolled over, fussed a tiny bit, drank his bottle and went back to sleep until 9am!!! I went right back to bed and slept in until around 7:30 and felt SO refreshed! So this morning I tried the same thing. He took his bottle and went back to sleep until 8! What a blessed, blessed thing sleep is. Especially if I don't have to be in his room for an hour at the time of day I usually get my best Z's! I'm just praying that this new thing will be a new, permanent thing and that our early mornings would no longer be a struggle. I'm still giving him a bottle for naps and holding him until he's asleep, but at this point, not only is it just sweet snuggle time, it's also one of the few times throughout the day that I can just sit, close my eyes, put my feet up and relax. It's usually no longer than 15 minutes and it's a very nice time of peace and quiet for me.

So, update on my pregnancy: I'm 35w3d. I just had my group b strep test done yesterday--that was fun and exciting. Jeremy could not get any time off, so I ended up taking Aaron with me to the doctor. The big kids stayed home with my neighbor, Sara (and had a great time!), but Aaron needed a nap (which he did NOT get), and I didn't want to leave him with someone that he's not familiar with. Soooo...I took him with me. I ended up having to hold him while the doctor did his thing (man, was that fun!), but it all worked out. I'll get the results from that next week. I'm supposed to be having weekly appointments now, but I said no way. The last thing I need in my life is to go to the OB once a week! It's bad enough going every OTHER week. If I had someone to watch my children with no worries, that'd be a different story, but I don't. My feet are starting to swell. Not all of the time and mostly on the left side--same thing that happened with Aaron, kinda weird! I've had a bit more motivation to get things done, either it's nesting or the fact that I'm getting some decent sleep finally.

The weather has been pretty warm here the past couple of days. Nothing unbearable, but in the 80's. I could stand it being just a little bit cooler, but who am I to make demands on the weather?

Okay, that's all I have to say for now. I'm too tired to continue!

No comments: