Thursday, June 2, 2011

Progress?!

I went to the doctor yesterday. There is nothing exciting to report, not that I expected there to be...but I've been having a lot of twinges and pains and tightenings that are not "normal" for me...so I'm going to TRY to remain hopeful about this baby arriving sooner than later. Last night I had gone to bed...I could NOT fall asleep (could it be the 2 "naps" I took yesterday?!?!). Around 1am I started to have contractions. They were very regular, coming every 3-4 minutes. I started to get excited and started to time them and pay attention just in case this was the real deal. Obviously it was not. As soon as I got up to use the bathroom, they stopped. I could NOT sleep most of the rest of the night. I kept hoping for more contractions and kept thinking that if they DID continue and I needed to go to the hospital, what in the world would I do with Aaron?!?! He did wake up around 3am and he had a bit of a hard time settling back down...I can't imagine if that happened and we had someone here he didn't know. I just don't want to think about that. However, I'm hoping and hoping and hoping that contractions would start again...that something would start to happen and that we'd get to meet this little one VERY soon. I'm starting to get very impatient and irritable (moreso than normal, if you can believe that!). Jeremy was asking me if this is new...I tried to explain how UNCOMFORTABLE I am and how everything is so hard and how I'm so tired and achy and to top it all off, our weather has been horrible. We haven't had a warm, sunny day in quite some time...at least not one that wasn't WINDY too. And I checked the forecast today and it says it's supposed to be rainy for another 5 days or so! This is NOT helping!!! Aaron needs to get outside...I need to get outside. Thankfully the big kids CAN get outside (when they choose to).

No comments: