Sunday, January 16, 2011

Aaron at 7 months.

Aaron turned 7 months old yesterday. He's getting SOOOOO big! He's a little moose, for sure. I'm not sure exactly how much he weighs since he doesn't go in to the doctor again until the end of this month, but I'm guessing he's quickly nearing 20lbs. He's rather chunky...in a perfect, roly-poly baby sort of way. He's been quite happy, he smiles at the drop of a hat. He's so snuggly and sweet and so beautiful. He's been eating food for a couple of weeks now. He does NOT like baby food at all. In fact, if it says "Gerber" on it, it will make him gag. He does good with the food I make for him, he had rice and chicken for lunch and beef and potatoes and green beans for dinner. He is snacking on Cheerios and Veggie Straws and he just LOVES those. I just brought out the Johnny Jump Up and he has a blast in that thing. He still loves his exersaucer too, especially on nice, sunny days when I put him outside where he can see the big kids playing. He's "crawling" already. He scootches more than anything, kinda a beginners army crawl. He can get where he wants to go though, thankfully he can't go TOO far yet, but I know my days are numbered. He can sit up on his own and has been doing it for quite some time now, but he's still not super stable. I'm not sure if he falls over because he can't balance, or if he wants to get in to stuff and rolls over so he can scootch to it. He chatters a lot and mimics quite a few words. He'll say "hi" and wave his hand in imitation of others. He had been sleeping quite well, waking just 1-2x a night, usually 2, but the first one was usually just a quick "slip the paci in and go back to sleep" until recently. A couple of nights ago (see former posts) he started waking 2x a night (at least) and needing to be fed. I'm guessing he's having a growth spurt because he seriously looked WAY bigger to me today than he has. He's been drinking more formula lately too. He's just a hungry, growing boy! He's still being swaddled, but he's doing pretty good with going to sleep without his arms wrapped. Even if we do wrap them, he breaks out of it within seconds. He's also sleeping on his tummy most of the time. He's still a fairly lousy napper, but he's had a few naps lately where he'll go for an hour to two hours. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen occasionally. I still have no idea how I'm going to handle having another baby in 5 months...but I'm trusting in the Lord to get me through, even though, if I'm being totally honest, I'm scared to death.
So, that's Aaron at 7 months...SO cute, such a blessing and an AWESOME addition to our family. I'm SO happy God chose to give us this little one to raise for His glory...I feel honored.

No comments: