Monday, January 31, 2011

What a blessing!

After a cranky weekend...
Aaron had a shot on Friday. You know, one of those shots that "don't cause any reactions"...uh huh. On Friday night he had a fever and had a hard time sleeping. He was up between 12:30 and 2am fussing, squirming...just uncomfortable. He was fine Saturday, but definitely not himself. He was tired looking, a bit fussy...nothing major, but I could tell that he wasn't feeling his best. Sunday he stayed home from church because he wouldn't nap, and I wasn't having a baby that was going to lose it at church. He hardly napped all day long, pooped a lot...he just wasn't feeling his best. So last night, since I had been at church nearly all day long, I put him to bed. Usually Jeremy does it, but I wanted some mommy/baby time. I gave him a bottle--8oz. He wasn't asleep when I put him in bed. I turned on his aquarium and left. He hasn't been good with going to sleep at night at ALL. He's cried and cried and it's taken a lot of work to get him to sleep, it's rather frustrating. So I was prepared for another battle. He started to fuss, so I made a 4oz bottle and handed it to him in his crib. I didn't hear another peep. I went in around 9:30pm to get the bottle out of his crib so he wouldn't roll on top of it and he was snoozing nicely. I went to bed. I awoke at 2am, he was STILL asleep. I awoke at 3am, he was STILL asleep. At this point I had to check on him...I don't do well when his sleep patterns change, it makes me nervous. I checked on him, he was fine. He did not wake up until 5:30am!!! I think that is the best night he's had--EVER! I gave him his bottle and he went back to sleep without a problem...I ended up sleeping in later than I should have (7:45 and I still didn't WANT to get up) and I was amazed that he was STILL asleep. When I got out of bed, I realized that he was NOT asleep, but my darling Abby had gotten him up and was keeping him entertained for me so I could sleep in. What a blessing. I got so much sleep last night...sadly I'm STILL tired. I think I'm turning into a cat. I could sleep 20 hours a day and still be tired. I usually don't sleep that well, but lately I've been sleeping like a log. I'm just profoundly TIRED. Last night was such a blessing though, such an incredible gift to have such a good nights rest after a difficult weekend. God is SO good.

No comments: