Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sleep again?!?!

I've noticed a lot of my posts lately have had to do with sleep. I wonder why that is?!?!
It's funny how I really don't tend to obsess over sleep normally, but when I'm not getting enough, that's all I can think of! Last night Aaron was up at 12am, 1am, 2am had a bottle at 3am and then was awake when I got up at 6:30am, didn't fuss until 6:40am and didn't get up until 7am (I'm working on giving him his bottle and him drinking it on his own at that time of day). Even though I've been going to sleep between 9 and 9:30pm, I'm just not getting enough sleep. I don't know if it's that I'm not GETTING enough, or if my body is requiring more lately though. When I am sleeping, I'm sleeping like a ROCK. Normally I'm a very light sleeper, but I didn't even hear Jeremy come to bed or wake up this morning...normally I hear everything because he doesn't even TRY to be quiet.
So today I was really, really dragging. By 10am I was wishing I could drink an entire pot of coffee and get going, however, I know that drinking coffee does not help out my cause at all, more coffee generally makes me MORE tired...not to mention that it's just not good for me or baby-cakes. I was yawning and yawning...and I tell ya, something about being tired makes me want to eat JUNK. I know that junk makes me feel even WORSE, so today I did not give in to the sugar cravings, but man did I want to...especially since my freezer was recently stocked with lots of yummy ice cream treats from Schwans! We went out, got some fresh air (even if it was at Home Depot) and when we came home, I put the boys to bed, the girls and I sat in the living room (some of us more prone than others) and we listened to Adventures in Odyssey--the American Revolution. I got a nice snooze in and my girls got their history lesson for the day--yay! :) I got about 45 minutes of rest--praise the Lord! I feel so much better now, ready to go outside, get some sunshine and repot my poor houseplant that has been grown out of it's pot for months now! I'm just so thankful that God always gives me what I need. It may not be what I want, but it's what I need.

No comments: