Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleep Training and Child Training

Last night I was thinking about something I read earlier in the day in "The No-Cry Sleep Solution". Often times it's easier to deal with things as crummy as they are because we'e too tired or don't know what/how to do, than it is to grab the bull by the horns (so to speak) and take the time to really focus on TRAINING. Of course, they're talking about SLEEP training, but this can apply to CHILD training as well. Oftentimes it's easier to look at you disobedient child, give them the "look", give them a little tsk, tsk, "please don't do that again" and move on. It doesn't CORRECT the behavior. It may CHANGE the behavior temporarily, it may stop a fight that's about to happen, but it certainly doesn't get to the heart of the matter. It takes TIME to train. It takes diligence, it takes ENERGY. I lack all of these, but I KNOW that if I were to take the time, put in the effort in both SLEEP and CHILD training, we'd all be better for it in a relatively short time.

And yes, we had another not so great night last night. Waking at 11pm, 2:45am, 5:20am, 6:10am and now fussing at 6:40am. I really don't know what the deal is, but I'd really like to go back to the 2 night waking nights again...even that would feel like a vacation.

As for schedule, yes, I'm working on it...not as much as I'd like, but we've also had FANTASTIC weather, so we've been trying to enjoy that as much as possible. HOWEVER, I WILL work on it!!! It's coming together, and I'm evaluating my days as they go on to what would work best when...I'm hopeful.

No comments: