Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello Third Trimester!

I can't believe I'm officially in my third trimester. This pregnancy is FLYING by at a ridiculous rate. Today I'm 28 weeks along--only 12 more weeks to go (or if this little one follows her siblings, closer to 14 weeks). Today I had my glucose test done. It's not that big of a deal other than it takes at least an hour to do--you drink this pint or so of nasty orange soda tasting junk, I'm not sure of the sugar level in it, but it's a measurable amount of glucose. Then you get to sit there, twiddling your thumbs for an hour. At the end of that wonderfully, fun-filled hour--people watching in the lab, of all places, you get to go in and have them suck your blood! Seriously, I can't think of a better way to spend a free hour of my time!! Thus far I haven't had an issue with this test, so I just hope this one comes out okay too...if it doesn't, I get to do the 3 hour test, where you do the same thing, only they suck your blood EVERY hour for 3 hours!

No comments: